Food

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Fever and Seedling Love



Happy Thursday All! Thanks for stopping by. I didn't get around to doing a tablescape this week because I was outside enjoying the weather and getting my garden ready. But the wacky Missouri weather and Mother Nature have decided winter can rear its ugly head once more. So, back to 40 degree temps for a another week or so.

I thought I would show you a few things popping up inside. I have ordered a few plants and started some seeds. I don't usually have much luck starting tomatoes from seed so I will have some plants for back up. These beauties are Cherokee Purple Heirloom tomatoes. I ordered them and shipment wasn't to be till April 8th. But they came 3 weeks ago! So, I had to repot them a few days ago. They are "curling" a bit but, I think its just from the shock.




Here are Some Poppy's just peeking out. They will be Oriental Red. I think they will be ready to thin soon.




These are Giant Scarlet Zinnia's reaching for the sun. I rotate them twice a day but they really want that sun. Can you blame them?



Last but not least are my Hale's Best Jumbo Cantaloupe. They popped up so fast. They are a early variety. But these guys have big plans. If they only knew whats in store for them!




What's going on with your garden? I would love to hear "What's Popping Up" in your world. Next week more plants will be arriving, all heirlooms of course. Bull Nose Peppers, San Marzano Tomatoes, Long Purple Egg Plant and Umpdalapet Egg Plant. I cant wait to share pics with you after they get over their shock. So come back for more.

I will be heading off to see every one's wonderful tablescapes with Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. I have dug up a wonderful vintage tablecloth and napkins that I cant wait to share! Hope to see you all soon!


garden sign photo credit: weblogs clipart about.com

8 comments:

langela said...

I haven't planted anything new, but I have hostas, daylily, peony, asiatic lilies, and even my roses are starting to grow. Oh! And my "naked lady/ resurrection lily" are a foot tall already! And now there is snow on them. But it should melt off pretty quickly. That's the nice thing about snow this time of year- it will be gone quickly!

Red Door Home said...

We still are completely covered in snow here! I need to start some seeds soon however as hopefully we will be able to start planting soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Marlis said...

You have a green thumb indeed! I don't even try seedlings anymore. They die too quickly ... but yours look lovely and will be ready for planting soon. thanks for dropping in with your kind comments.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You're seedling already, perfect, as they will be planted soon and will blossom just in time to enjoy them longer.
Thanks for coming by with your lovely comments, you're a sweet lady and please come by again! I will visit you as well since I am your follower.
XO
FABBY

KatieLovesDogs said...

Your seedlings look great! I can't wait to see what they look like in your garden!

Rettabug said...

I feel just like your plants...yearning for the SUN!
My DH has all his seedlings started in peat pots in the sunroom. He talks to them...funniest thing you'd ever want to hear. LOL

Bill said...

I planted some onions the other day (in the raised rose bed -- classy huh?), and there are tomato plants in the sunroom waiting for this crazy West TN weather to calm down so they can be planted outside.

Thank you for the kind comment you left. I wanted to follow, but it took me a minute to find your followers sign-up. If you moved it up higher on your sidebar, it might help people remember to follow -- just some unsolicited advice. Hope you don't mind.

Have a great week!
Bill

Alycia Nichols said...

Color me J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!! I cannot get the hang of growing vegetables to save my life! I have tried. I once grew a green pepper plant that yielded 3 measly little peppers, 2 of which were gobbled up by worms before I could pluck them. I do OK with herbs, but vegetables have eluded me for years! I'm anxious to see how yours turn out. The weather is nutty still here, and I hope the hail didn't get to any of your new plantings. My hubby and I have been in Savannah, GA the last couple of days. The weather was mostly sunny, high in the 80s, but they had just had a bad hail storm like we got a few days ago. That doggone hail tore a bunch of our window screens up! Hope you didn't get any damage. Thanks for stopping by my blog on Thursday. You are TOO kind! Have a really great weekend, and happy gardening!!!