Food

Monday, June 13, 2011

Harvest Monday With Peas



Happy Monday! Today I am going to link up with one of the most amazing gardeners and bloggers, Daphne over at Daphne's Dandelions. Make sure you hop on over there and see what all the gardening bloggers are harvesting this week. Thank you again Daphne for hosting, I look forward to every Monday!

My Asian snow peas have finally pulled out of their dilemma and are producing. These guys were left a bit to long before harvest, got a bit busy and almost forgot them. Never the less they are crunchy and sweet, I cant wait to get them in a stir fry. They are a bit curled, not sure why. This is the first time I have had this happen. It was very hot, dry and windy. If anyone know what's up with them I would appreciate any feedback. They were suffering some ailment. I treated them with a solution of milk and water and baking soda. It seemed to work.

I have finally harvested all my greens. I am sad to see them go but we will have salads for another week or two. I will  just support my other local gardeners and buy my greens at the market. How's things going in your garden?

Have a wonderful week! See you all next Monday!

2 comments:

thyme2garden said...

homegrown snow peas are really delicious, aren't they? My husband would have never tried them on his own, but now he's so happy that he "discovered" them through our gardening. Looking forward to seeing your next harvest next Monday!

Daphne Gould said...

I'm loving pea season. So yummy. But I can't help you with the peas. Mine tend to do that later in the season. I don't know why. I sort of enjoy the weirdness of their shapes.