Food

Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Muffins



Welcome, thanks for dropping by! I am in a bit of a muffin mood today.I thought these easy and yummy little guys would fit the bill. There is something about the tang of buttermilk and the sweetness of chocolate, a match made in baking heaven. Warm up the oven and treat the family to a batch of these today.



Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins
yields 18


1/2 cup or one stick of butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs room temp
1 cup buttermilk
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. cream together butter and sugar till fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Sift together dry ingredients and incorporate into wet ingredients a little at a time. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared muffin tins or liners and bake for approx 18 mins.


I sprinkled them with a bit of powdered sugar but you can skip it if you want. Try one warm. The chocolate chips are so gooey, the best way to eat them if you ask me!


See the cute tiered tray? I scored this at Homegoods on my last trip to Kansas City. I had to go to four different stores to round up 6 dinner plates, 6 salad plates and this server. Can you ladies relate? I bet we all have a Homegoods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx story to tell. The poor hubby and kids had to suffer this trip! I was a woman on a mission.

Does anyone know what kind of bird he is? If it's not a cardinal, blue jay or hummingbird, I'm lost! The salad plates have a blue bird with a red breast on them. I'm guessing bluebird? Stay tuned, a tablescape will be coming with these treasures!

Have a wonderful weekend and happy baking!


1 comment:

Alycia Nichols said...

Those look wonderful! My husband and stepdaughter both LOVE chocolate, so I'm going to give these a try. I've always got buttermilk in the fridge for those Sunday morning waffles! Love the tiered stand, too! I have the dinner plates in that pattern that I've been dying to use. Perhaps someday...! They look so springy and I just love them! We've been "teased" the last few days with spring-like weather, but I know ol' Frosty will be back soon. Ugh! :-( Have a great weekend!