Food

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day table for the family






Welcome to Valentine's Day in my little neck of the woods. I hope everyone had a wonderful day and got their sugar fix, mine still hasn't worn off with Christmas but that's another story.

Tablescape Thursday has come upon us again. Make sure you hop over there and get your eyes full of all the wonderful tablescapes. Make sure you leave a comment and tell Susan thanks for all her hard work each week!




This is my attempt and a aerial view. Actually its a chopped off "chair-ial view". Not a safe or recommended method for sure. He He He!





















this is my husbands grandmother's silver plate in the Moss Rose pattern, and my favorite Irish linen monogram napkins.



chargers: Walmart
capiz shell napkin rings: Walmart
dinnerware: Gibson Claremont
napkins: Ebay
tablecloth: Target
cake pedestal: Bed Bath and beyond
sherbet glasses: local antique store

I served lasagna, salad and shrimp cocktail for our dinner and some amazing chocolate and marshmallow creme filled cupcakes with chocolate ganache from Liz at Hoosier Homemade. How did you spend Valentines' Day?

6 comments:

Marlis said...

Your table looks fabulous. I love the little hearts on each setting. You couldn't have better silver.. it's amazing. Love your napkins too. Beautiful. Thanks for dropping in and leaving your kind comment...

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I am so glad that you visited! Your table is lovely! I do see that great minds think alike, I used the same Russel Stover candies for the kids! I love how you crinkled up the runner. Is it fabric or paper? I have to do that. The silver, to die for! That is what I have been looking for for the dishes I used. Everything looks fabulous! I definitely will be back!

Donnie said...

Some of the lovely ladies do floorscapes...lol...in order to get that overhead view. Everything was beautiful.

HoosierHomemade said...

Gorgeous!! I love the little heart boxes! Thanks so much for the mention! I'm just thrilled you liked the cupcakes!
~Liz

Alycia Nichols said...

Hey, Deb! What a pretty Valentine's table! Lots of love there!!! The heart in the sherbet glass is pretty. It threw me for a loop at first. I thought it was a napkin all tricked out into the shape of a heart. I thought, "Wow! That must've been tough to do!" I'm silly sometimes...and half-blind! :-) The meal sounded wonderful, too! I dined alone...as usual. Hubby doesn't get in until around 11:00, so I always eat alone. After all these years, I've gotten used to it. It really makes me appreciate the weekends when we're able to take meals together! I don't think we've had this discussion, but I think you and I are practically neighbors. I'm in Lee's Summit, MO. We're close by, right? Thanks for stopping by my blog last night and for the wonderful comment. Glad you liked the Grammys set up! Have a good weekend! Talk to you soon!

Marigene said...

Deb, your table is beautiful...and festive.