Food

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Tablescape Thursday in Ages



Welcome and Happy Thursday to you! It has been SO LONG since I posted a tablescape or linked up with Susan at Between Naps On The Porch , if you are new to tablescaping hop on over there and see what you are missing! Prepare to fall in love!

My oldest daughter who is recently out of the Army and living in Colorado Springs was passing through last week on here way to see a friend in Tennessee and decided to stop in for a quick over night visit.

So I scurried around and set a very simple and frugal table for us all to enjoy a rare meal together. We had Cranberry Cherry pork tenderloin, mashed buttermilk potatoes with rolls and salad. For dessert I made Snicker doodle sandwich cookies and ice cream.

So here it is, a little table for a cold weary traveler.








Well I guess it wouldn't have killed me to run a iron over the table runner. Everything else on the table  consists of thrift shop and items I have has for ages. The table runner was a 50% off deal from Target! Gotta love that!

Enjoy all the tablescapes today and don't forget to tell Susan thanks for hosting! Hugs, Deb!

12 comments:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Your tables are beautiful. You have a nice talent.

Tricia said...

What a cute and cheery winter table! I know your daughter's face lit up when she saw you'd set a special table for her!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a darling setting! The menu sounds fabulous too! Lucky guests!

CJ Foss said...

Cranberry recipe request! Sounds like a warming and delicious meal. Tablescape sweet sans iron. Have a great week. ~CJ

Unknown said...

Ahh ... I have NO knack for doing that stuff. I'm like, toss the stuff on the table, serve it up :) Yikes! Beautiful ... maybe I can get some inspiration!

Gina said...

What a fantastic tablescape! I love the runner & the snowmen dishes. I bet your daughter was pleased!

bella said...

I love your snowman dishes. They are adorable. It's such a fun tablescape and I'm sure your daughter enjoyed it. Would love to have the pork tenderloin recipe-sounds delicious!

Marigene said...

What a fun, cheery winter table...love the snowman plates.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hey, little woman! Why did you disappear??? Don't you know that you are sorely missed when you don't post??? :-) You did a great job with this table, Deb! I know your daughter really enjoyed the effort. Cool that she's in the Army! Hope you're staying warm this weekend. My husband and I are in Pittsburg, KS again this weekend. COLD here...and boring! :-) Have a good one!

Tess said...

What a wonderful occasion,being with your daughter and such an adorable table...I LOVE the snowman plates!! Dinner sounds delicious!

Elaine said...

Hi Debby!

How nice for you to spend a little time with your daughter! I'm a military mom, too. I think you have a very warm and welcoming tablescape and I'm sure it was appreciated.

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So cute this is. Very cheerful for a winter's table. I used to have some dishes very similar to those.