Food

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals For 2012. Keeping It Real!

Two posts in one day??? I'm really going nuts hunh? In keeping with my goals for the year it is necessary. One of my personal goals is to blog more. A perk of blogging is that it keeps you accountable. Totally win-win for me!

Crystal at Money Saving Mom's is blogging about goals, setting them and being more intentional. This is a great post and a great blog! Make sure you stop by and link up with your 2012 goals.




KEY GOALS FOR 2012

1.MOVE CLOSER TO HUBBY'S WORK

This goal servers many purposes. Financial, will save $600 per month driving expenses alone. Of course this means a higher rent of $325.00 more but it will cut out huge costs on tires,oil changes and general wear and tear on the car.

The biggest benefit is that my husband will gain 4 hours a day. We are all winners on this one, not counting his safety and sanity!


2.RESEARCH AND PURCHASE A NEWER CAR

Because we live so far away...we wore out our car. As much as I would like, paying cash is out of the budget. We will have to settle for a decent down payment then pay off aggressively.


3. SNOWFLAKE DEBT

We will be snowflaking any cash windfalls, rebates, or money earned in overtime and the baking and soap business profits. I will put up my weekly and to date totals on my sidebar to keep me on track.

4.DATE NIGHT

Sadly, hubby and I put each other on the back burner! No more! We are going to set a frugal date night and keep it once a month. If you have any ideas, share them PLEASE! I will post any of our great ideas as we try them out.

5. GROW MY BUSINESS

My baking business is slowly growing, I'm catering small affairs, Doing 2 sandwich deliveries a week plus my monthly bread customers and holiday orders for baked goods TRIPLED in 2011 season! But I could do more. I will be adding products and participating in our local farmers market this year again. My soap and body product line took a backseat at Christmas. This year Country Moon Apothecary will expand and debut at the farmers market. My goal is to add at least 10 new items by the end of the year.

That's about it. Not many I know but it is a handful for us. I want to be diligent and succeed so this is just right for us. We are so excited for the new year. So many possibilities and the whole year to tackle them!

What do you want to accomplish in 2012? Share with us!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: